There is a strong connection between ocean and space exploration, both in terms of technology as well as in the spirit of discovery. Over the last few years, Nauticos has been working with World View Enterprises, a company that works in extreme environments in space and underwater. Their latest project is developing a system to loft a manned capsule to the edge of space using a stratospheric balloon. At 100,000 feet, Voyagers will see the black of space, the atmosphere below, and the curvature of the earth, as shown in this test flight footage. The World View system will be used for science, technology, and tourism. See http://worldviewexperience.com.
Books by David W. Jourdan
The Never Forgotten series chronicles Nauticos ocean explorations and discoveries, remembering and honoring lost heroes and explorers.
- Jonathan Blair — Photographer
- Nauticos News Night 13 — REMUS Recovery Final
- Nauticos News Night 12 — Sonargirl Sue Marine Life
- Nauticos News Night 11 — ISS Monday
- Nauticos News Night 10 — REMUS Launch
- Nauticos News Night 09 — STEM Students and Radio Guys 1
- Nauticos News Night 08 — Tour of MV 2 — Topsides