There is a strong connection between ocean and space exploration, both in terms of technology as well as in the spirit of discovery. Over the last few years, Nauticos has been working with World View Enterprises, a company that works in extreme environments in space and underwater. Their latest project is developing a system to loft a manned capsule to the edge of space using a stratospheric balloon. At 100,000 feet, Voyagers will see the black of space, the atmosphere below, and the curvature of the earth, as shown in this test flight footage. The World View system will be used for science, technology, and tourism. See http://worldviewexperience.com.
Books by David W. Jourdan
The Never Forgotten series chronicles Nauticos ocean explorations and discoveries, remembering and honoring lost heroes and explorers.
- Nauticos News Night 3 — Safety at Sea
- Nauticos News Night 2 — BBQ
- Nauticos News Night 4 — The WHOI Guys
- Nauticos News Night — 1
- Nauticos Embarks on the Eustace Earhart Discovery Expedition
- Eustace Earhart Discovery Expedition: Mobilization Day 4
- Eustace Earhart Discovery Expedition: Mobilization Day 3